The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) is partnering with Southwest Virginia Graduate Medical Education to provide education around the importance of HPV vaccine uptake to protect youth from HPV-associated cancers.
If you are:
- A RN/MD interested in both or either of the following:
- A grand rounds presentation of the CDC’s You Are the Key to Cancer Prevention at Johnston Memorial Hospital with a Q&A discussion and free CE credit. You can facilitate the presentation and/or be a resource throughout the presentation.
- Panelist at a free public showing of Someone You Love (SYL) documentary with a discussion/Q & A after the documentary. SYL explores the journey of 5 women and their diagnosis of an HPV-associated cancer. A free CE is available for watching the film.
- A faith leader interested in both or either of the following:
- Attending a presentation about HPV vaccine by VDH staff and participating in a discussion about the challenges & solutions of HPV vaccine uptake in the faith community.
- Panelist at the free SYL showing (see above).
Please email Tira Hanrahan, Adolescent Immunization Coordinator of VDH, at email@example.com for more information
or call her at (804) 864 – 8073.