For Residents


Lee, Scott, & Wise Counties

Health Departments

Lee County
134 Hill St. Jonesville, VA 24263
Phone: (276)-346-2011
Fax: (276)-346-0401

Wise County
134 Roberts St SW Wise, VA 24293
Phone: (276)-328-8000
Fax: (276)-376-1020

Scott County
190 Beech St Suite 102, Gate City, VA 24251
Phone: (276)-386-1312
Fax: (276)-386-2116


Dryden Food Pantry
State Road 726 Dryden, VA 24243
Phone: (276) 546-1568

Jonesville First United Methodist Church
100 Church St Jonesville, VA 24263
Phone: (276) 346-2062

Foodbank of Wise County
914 Wood Ave W Big Stone Gap, VA 24219
Phone: (276) 523-2110

Feeding Southwest Virginia
1025 Electric Road Salem, VA 24153
Phone: (540) 342-3011

Legal Aid

Southwest Virginia Legal Aid
16932 W Hills Dr. Castlewood, VA 24224
Phone: (276) 762-9354

Habitat for Humanity

P.O. Box 3018
Wise, VA 24293
Phone: (276)207-8249

Pharmacy Access

For more information call the Pharmacy Connection Program directly at 800-744-7370 (in Virginia) or you may reach a coordinator at the Wise County Health Department at 276-328-8000.

Additional Resource PDFs




If you have or plan to purchase what one might call a fixer-upper house near your residency, funds of up to $5000 per home are available via the Consortium. The purpose of this funding is to encourage settlement in rural areas, improve blighted neighborhoods, and support residents who invest in the region. Eligibility is determined by home location and proof of expenditure. Priority will be given to homes in LENOWISCO or Mt. Rogers Health Districts.

To apply, please send a photograph of the home along with its location (street address). Send proof of home purchase or receipts from renovations (inherited homes are eligible). Include your residency, name, year, and the best email and text number to reach you.

Send the above information to with the heading RESIDENT HOUSING GRANT APPLICATION.

GMEC assists medical students and residents* with rotation housing in the LENOWISCO, Cumberland Plateau, and Mt Rogers health districts of Virginia. We maintain a list of vetted housing options and have funding to assist those in financial need of rental fees.

*GMEC may also assist physician assistants, dental students, occupational or respiratory therapists, and nurse practitioners depending on requests received.

The list of housing is not adjusted to seasonal availability. All inquiries and arrangements must be made directly through owner or contact listed. GMEC has no responsibility for housing decisions or interactions.

Funds for housing assistance are limited, and awarded based primarily on financial need, with consideration of the impact this opportunity will have on SWVA. GMEC prefers to reimburse directly to a property but will consider requests to reimburse individuals who have receipts showing their payments to properties. Reimbursements must be requested within 30 days of the rotation.

To apply for assistance, complete this application form and return to with the subject tag line HOUSING REQUEST.

Permanent Housing – Renting or Buying in SWVA