This event is quickly approaching, so be sure to register soon!
- What: One Care of Southwest Virginia, Inc. is joining forces with the Virginia Department of Health to offer a free forum that will provide health care providers with knowledge and skills to apply in clinical practice regarding prescribing controlled substances.
- When: Saturday, July 14, 2018 8:00 am – 4:45 pm
- Where: SW Virginia Higher Education Center, One Partnership Circle, Abingdon, VA 24212
For more information and to register, please click HERE.
Workshop topics include:
- Rural health economic impact tools
- Community health needs assessment toolkit
- Health care workforce needs assessment
- Mapping and spatial data visualization
And guest speakers!
Please click HERE for more information and to view the registration form.
Please register here and see agenda below!
|7:30 – 8:00 am
|8:00 – 8:55 am
Derek Harman, DO
|9:00 – 9:55 am
||Mindfulness for Physician Wellness
Leah Cobb Snodgrass, MD
LMU- DCOM Chair and Associate Professor, Behavioral Health
|10:00 – 10:15 am
|10:15 – 10:40 am
||Insomnia: Tips for a Better Night Sleep
Dr. Lauren Burns, DO
PGY-3 and Chief Resident, Lonesome Pine Hospital
|10:45am – 12:30pm
Dael Waxman, MD
Vice Chair, Professional Development and Clinical Operations, Department of Family Medicine
||Enjoy the afternoon visiting the town or resting by the lake
|Complimentary evening meal in the restaurant from GMEC menu
|Marion Theatre program begins 7:30 free to HftH families
|7:30 – 8:00 am
Lyn Moore O’Connell, Ph.D. IMFT
|9:30 – 10:00 am
||Room check-out / Break
|10:00 – 11:25 am
|| SBIRT resumes
|11:25 – 11:45 am
||Migratory Arthritis and Fever
Dr. Elizabeth Dockery, DO
PGY-3 and Chief Resident Johnston Memorial Hospital
||Box lunches available
The Association of Clinicians for the Underserved (ACU) 2018 Annual Conference July 29-August 1, 2018
The Annual Conference focuses on bringing clinical leaders of all types together to focus on improving care for the underserved. The conference will feature national leaders and government officials for discussions on cultural competency, patient engagement, workforce recruitment and retention, health information technology and policy and advocacy. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear presentations, participate in workshops, network with colleagues and presenters, visit exhibit tabletops, and view poster presentations. Working together, across the clinical disciplines, we can truly improve both access and quality of care for our underserved communities.
Follow the link for more information and registration
34th Annual ETSU Pediatrics Conference
August 11, 2018
8:00am – 4:30 pm
Johnson City, TN 37604
Follow the link for more information and registration.