There’s no doubt about it — medical school is expensive. But U.S. News & World Report has compiled a list of 10 private medical schools with the lowest tuition and fees for the 2015-16 academic year.
Here are the 10 most affordable private medical schools and their 2015-16 out-of-state tuition rates, according to U.S. News & World Report:
- Baylor College of Medicine (Houston) — $31,663
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pa.) — $32,985
- University of Pikeville–Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine — $41,320
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine — $42,626
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine–Virginia campus (Blacksburg, Va.), Carolinas campus (Spartanburg, S.C.) and Auburn (Ala.) campus — $43,250
- Kansas City (Mo.) University of Medicine and Biosciences — $43,513
- Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (Cumberland Gap, Tenn.) — $46,528
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (New York City) — $48,340
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine (Hempstead, N.Y.) — $48,500
- Mayo Medical School (Rochester, Minn.) — $49,900
See those three schools in bold type? That’s right – three out of the top ten are in our region!