Last week we reviewed a checklist for 4th year medical students. Now let’s take a look at what you have to do the year before. The AMA recommends:
- Find residency programs that fit your specialty interests and needs.
- Organize the key elements of your application.
- Contact the National Board of Medical Examiners to schedule your United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) Step 2 exams.
- Familiarize yourself with the Association of American Medical Colleges’ Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Build your clinical and research skills.
Read details on each step from the AMA Wire.