Additional funding through the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund and the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund will be available statewide.
$21 million in available GEER funds will be distributed to schools through formula-based and competitive grants. The money will support things such as:
- School nutrition operations and
- Virtual instruction for students in need of devices and broadband access.
$17.75 million in available ESSER funds will support:
- Special education services and supports;
- School-based mental health services and supports;
- Social-emotional screening;
- Summer academic academies;
- Instructional delivery supports;
- Cleaning/sanitizing supplies for schools and school buses; and
- Facilities upgrades and protective equipment.
School divisions received a consolidated application for GEER and ESSER state funding earlier this week. The due date for completed applications is Aug. 14.
Click HERE for updates on K-12 Education.