- What: A Tough Pill to Swallow: Addressing the Epidemic of Prescription Drug Abuse
- When: August 17, 2018, 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Where: Millennium Centre, Johnson City, TN
- About this conference: This one-day live activity will include discussion of prescribing practices and chronic pain guidelines, evidence for the efficacy of pain medications, applying SBIRT techniques, and various prevention and harm reduction programs. Attendees will become more familiar with the use of the Controlled Substances Monitoring Database, medically assisted treatment, the use of naloxone, and the role of adverse childhood experiences on adult trauma and behavior. This activity includes evidence-based didactic sessions as well as interactive breakout sessions in the afternoon.
- Click HERE to register
- What: This one day conference will focus on available interventions for the prenatal and postpartum woman and maternal mental health. The conference includes larger group lectures and three separate breakout tracks in the afternoon, allowing providers the opportunity to learn valuable best practice recommendations from experts in the field and to choose which topics apply specifically to their practice in a smaller classroom setting.
- When: Friday, August 3rd, 2018, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Where: Tennessee College of Applied Technology, 421 Highway 91 North, Elizabethton, TN 37643
- Click HERE to view the agenda
- Click HERE to register or call (423) 439 – 8027
This event is quickly approaching, so be sure to register soon!
- What: One Care of Southwest Virginia, Inc. is joining forces with the Virginia Department of Health to offer a free forum that will provide health care providers with knowledge and skills to apply in clinical practice regarding prescribing controlled substances.
- When: Saturday, July 14, 2018 8:00 am – 4:45 pm
- Where: SW Virginia Higher Education Center, One Partnership Circle, Abingdon, VA 24212
For more information and to register, please click HERE.
Live here, Train here, Work here, Love here